Disney error code 14 prevents users from logging into their accounts and accessing content. Wrong email and password and connecting Disney Plus with many devices are the two major causes of this error. Frustrated users often ask how to get rid of Disney Plus error 14 when they cannot watch their favorite shows.
But you’ll be happy to learn that there are many reliable fixes for this error code. The resolutions described below will help you get past the annoying error code 14 and resume watching your shows.
The Disney Plus error 14 states that your password is incorrect. It also says that your email could not be found in its system, and you need to re-enter it. It implies that you cannot access the streaming service until you provide accurate login details for your account.
You may have changed your password for Disney Plus recently, or someone else may have done it. That is why entering the old credentials are prompting this error.
The major reasons for Disney Plus error 14 include the following:
- Entering the wrong password into the streaming service’s website.
- You have reached the limit of the devices authorized to your Disney Plus account.
- You are not using the new login details to access Disney Plus.
- You haven’t activated your Disney Plus account.
- Excessive corrupt cookies in your browser.
- Network connectivity problems.
You can fix Disney Plus error 14 using a few simple techniques. Follow the ones we have given below.
1. Sign out of Disney+
The Disney Plus error code 14 is most often seen when users sign in from a different device. So, ensure that you sign out of every device on which you access this service.
Disney Plus can be used on four devices simultaneously. So, if there are more than four devices signed simultaneously, you will see the error code. Sign out and check whether error 14 has been resolved.
2. Reset the Password of Your Account
You can perform password change as a natural next step after signing out of Disney+ on all devices. Use these pointers to reset the password.
- After logging out of every device, access Disney+ on any one device.
- Go to its Reset password page.
- On this page, tap the ‘Forgot password’ link.
- The password recovery tool will generate a 6-digit code for you to generate a password.
- Now, you will receive a prompt to see your email for a verification code.
- Check your email.
- Input the recovery code and tap ‘Continue.’
- Create another password for your account.
- Now, adhere to the pointers on the screen to finish the remaining procedure.
- Now, you can log in employing your new password on all the devices where you used Disney+.
- Hopefully, you won’t see this error message again.
Disney Plus error 14 is also common among new users of this service. If you haven’t activated your account and are trying to log in without doing so, error 14 will show.
So, check your email and tap the activation link from Disney Plus. After clicking this link, you will find that accessing Disney Plus is easy.
Sometimes, cookie and cache data increases to a significant extent. It prevents you from logging into Disney Plus and watching content. You will encounter this specific error code if you haven’t deleted your cache data in a long time.
So, open the Disney Plus app and delete the cache from it. If you are using a browser, go to its settings page and delete all browsing data. But if you are using the Disney Plus app on your phone, clear its cache and cookies with these tips:
- Open the Disney Plus app.
- Navigate to ‘Settings.’
- Tap ‘Apps.’ Now, tap ‘Disney+.’
- Tap ‘Storage.’
- In the end, touch the ‘Clear Cache and Clear Data’ option.
- Now, log into Disney Plus using accurate credentials.
- You won’t find any error preventing you from accessing it.
The error code 14 on Disney+ may come from a glitch in the internet connection. So, examine the connection and ensure that you have a good one. After that, reinstalling the app will give a fresh start to Disney+. There will be a much less likelihood of facing this error. Follow this series of instructions to do both of these things.
- Turn off the streaming device, PC, or your phone.
- Now, start it again.
- If you open Disney+, then close it and open it again.
- Start your router again.
- You must also check if there are damaged or loose cables. Tighten the connections if needed.
- Position the Wi-Fi in a place nearer to your device in which you are watching Disney+.
- Check whether Disney+ needs an update.
- Log out of it and then log back into it.
- Uninstall the application.
- Now, reinstall it from the App Store.
- It’s also a good idea to see if Disney Plus is down or not.
Have you tried all the measures above but still cannot eliminate error 14 in Disney Plus? Contacting support will be the best action.
- On a web browser, go to the support page of Disney Plus. Visit help.disneyplus.com.
- On this page, scroll to the bottom.
- You will see the icon of live chat.
- A pop-up will appear where you need to input the problem that you are facing.
- After that, hit the ‘Live Chat’ tab.
- Wait until a Disney Plus customer support member joins the chat.
- They will give you the next set of instructions to resolve the problem.
You can now easily fix the error code 14 on your Disney Plus service. The fixes are quite straightforward and have proven effective in most cases. If you still cannot fix this error, contact Disney Plus support and get the needed assistance.