HBO Max lets you stream shows from its media library. However, there are key issues when it comes to the optimization and stability of the streaming platform. Many subscribers recently experienced sudden error messages. One of them is the HBO Max error code 321. It is primarily an issue with your subscription or account. The 321-error code occurs when your account isn’t authorized to use specific content.
Users can see the common ‘Something has gone wrong’ message on their screens when this error code appears. There can be various causes for this. These include servers of the app being down, usage of an outdated app, unstable networks, and your provider not supporting this streaming platform. Let’s discuss how to resolve error 321 in detail.
1. Find out if HBO Max Is Down
If you observe the error code 321 on streaming HBO, the first step should be to check if the servers are fine. Do a Google search about HBO Max’s servers, and you will quickly know if the servers are working. If not, wait for an official update from the app. You can find the updates on their social media pages.
2. Check If HBO Max Is Provided By Your Service Provider
Not every provider in the US supports HBO Max. Those that do include the following:
3. Reinstall or Update HBO Max
This account-related error can also be fixed by reinstalling and updating the HBO Max application. Follow these points to reinstall or update the app.
- Begin uninstalling HBO Max by going to the app’s ‘Settings.’
- Now, choose to uninstall HBO Max.
- After that, find the latest version of the application from the device’s App Store.
- It is also essential to keep checking for updates from time to time.
- After reinstalling and updating the app, you won’t face error code 321.
4. Login Again to Fix Corrupt User Data
If the HBO Max servers went down, they might have messed up your user data. You may get HBO Max error code 321 if your user data is corrupt. So, re-login to the platform to halt your current session and reset the data.
- On HBO Max, touch your profile.
- Now, click the ‘Settings’ option.
- Access the lower area of the page to locate the ‘Sign out’ option. Tap this option when you find it.
5. Delete Temporary Browser Data
Temporary browsing data is called cookies and cache. Although the browser’s storage of this data optimizes the user experience, their excessive accumulation can slow down the system.
So clear this data and fix the error.
- Launch your browser and tap the ‘More Options’ button.
- After that, hit ‘Settings’ and access the ‘Privacy and Security’ option.
- Modify the time range. Make it All the Time.
- Finally, hit the ‘Clear Data’ button. This will begin erasing the data and history in your browser.
- Once the process completes, access HBO and see if error 321 persists.
6. Test Your Internet Connection
If the internet connection is sluggish or unstable, you will face various performance issues. Error 321 is also linked to it. Remember that a 5 Mbps speed is necessary to stream content on HBO Max. You must also ensure that your Wi-Fi is working properly.
Try resetting the Wi-Fi router to eliminate the error code on the app. You can undo the plug of the router, and after a minute, plug the router back. Turn it on and after the device reconnects, access the media library of HBO Max.
7. Turn off the Extensions on Your Browser
If HBO Max is not letting you watch anything because of the error code 321, a browser extension may be the culprit. Turn off the extension through these steps.
- Navigate to the home page of your browser.
- Now, select ‘Settings.’
- From there, tap ‘Extensions.’
- Disable or turn off the extensions.
- After that, restart your system.
- Load HBO again. This time you won’t face any errors on it.
8. Disable Your VPN
A VPN or a web proxy redirects your internet connection via another server in another location. This throws up problems as you access the streaming platform. Users can frequently encounter the HBO Max error code 321 in this case. You can only resolve it by disabling the web proxy and VPN.
Just access the settings of your device and disable the option of web proxy or VPN. After doing that, wait for some minutes. During this time, the streaming platform may find your real location. If you are in one of the territories where HBO Max is available, you will be able to access the platform without any error codes.
9. Get Device Updates
The device streaming HBO Max must be fully updated. If it is not, it can cause the app to encounter errors.
- Head to the ‘Settings’ of your device.
- Touch the ‘About phone’ option.
- After that, touch ‘Software updates.’
- If there’s a pending update, hit the ‘Download and Install’ button.
- Access the ‘Settings’ app on your device.
- Touch ‘General’ and move to ‘Software updates.’
- Touch the ‘Download and Install’ option if there’s another iOS version.
- Find out Whether a Specific Title Has an Issue
It is possible that a specific title you are playing has an issue. It may be causing you to encounter the HBO 321 error code. To verify it, head to the platform’s media library. Here stream a few shows. See if you are getting the 321 error code.
Apart from the 321 error, there are many other errors you can encounter while streaming content.
- Service code H in HBO Max
- HBO Service code 905
- Service code 100 in HBO Max
- HBO Service code 420
- Error 100
Error 321 on HBO Max is related to your account. If you don’t resolve it, you cannot make the app load your favorite shows. The fixes mentioned above are simple to use and will effectively fix this problem on the application. Comment below if you have any queries regarding this error or its resolutions.